Mode of Transmission
• Ingestion of contaminated food and water.
Signs and Symptoms
• Passage of watery stools at least 3x a day.
• Excessive thirst.
• Sunken eyeballs and fontanel.
• Give Oral Rehydration Solution (ORESOL), rice soup (am) to replace lost body fluid.
• Continue feeding.
Prevention and Control:
• Drink water only from safe sources. If unsure, boil water for 3 minutes or do water chlorination.
• Eat only foods that are well cooked and properly prepared. Avoid eating “street vended food”.
• Keep the food away from insects and rats by covering them using food cover.
• Wash fruits and vegetables with clean water before eating or cooking.
• Use toilet when defecating.
• Wash your hands before eating and after using the toilet.
If diarrhea does not stop, consult the nearest health center