- Formulate plans, policies, programs and standards for systems & process improvement, systems and software development, establishment and maintenance of information and communication technology (ICT) solutions including related security requirements and management of data, information and knowledge sources and systems;
- Develop and manage the management information system and knowledge systems of the DOH including the health portal;
- Conduct systems & process engineering, software development, software configuration management;
- Develop and manage the DOH corporate database, data warehouse, other health information resources, library services and document management and archiving services;
- Develop and manage the DOH ICT infrastructure and provide ICT related- services to the DOH including computer networking and voice communications services and data exchange;
- Manage the literacy and training services for health human resources on various ICTs, KM tools and applications including information and knowledge management;
- Conduct research and development on systems and software engineering, network management, database management, knowledge system and other ICT-related solutions or applications that may applicable for the DOH or health sector ;
- Coordinate and work with various DOH units, other government agencies and health partners on eHealth and health data/information/ knowledge management and in the implementation of the eGovernment Master Plan and the Philippine Digital Strategy ; and
- Advise the Secretary of Health on matters pertaining to information and knowledge management systems and services, and ICT-related services
1. Systems and Software Engineering Division
- Provides services related to information system planning, research and development, including corporate database design, systems analysis, design and integration and maintenance.
- Provides services related to software and web page development and management including systems and software configuration management, approval of information systems changes, upgrades and procurements.
- Develops systems audit and control and systems security.
- Develops and operates national health information
- Provides information technology support services including training and education and development and implementation of standards related to system and software engineering
2. Information Technology and Infrastructure Security Division
- Plans, develops and administers DOH database including data planning, processing, manipulation and storage and ensures data integrity and security.
- Manages information infrastructure to include the computer center operation, data and telecommunication network management, Internet and intranet and computer system upgrades, procurements and maintenance.
- Conducts researches on available new technology solutions and ensures that DOH is informed on rapidly advancing computing technology as it applies to DOH functions.
- Conducts technology contingency and capacity planning.
- Develops and maintains programming templates and shells.
- Develops, implements and maintains IT standards related to database and network management.
- Provides technical support including training and continuing end-user education related to databases and network operations and management
3. Knowledge Management Division
- Provides services related to document and records management including collection, dissemination, sharing and access to various corporate data and information using various technologies.
- Operates and maintains Internet and intranet application systems.
- Operates and maintains DOH telecommunication and data systems.
- Manages DOH library resources including software licenses and various documentations of IT application systems.
- Provides IT user support services including training, education and support management related to information management.
- Provide IT consulting services including user coordination, local system development support and information retrieval.
Last Updated: July 2017