The DPCB shall be divided into two main components specifically the System Integration Divisions and the Primary and Specialty Care Divisions.
A. SYSTEM INTEGRATION DIVISIONS
The Director III for System Integration shall have the following duties:
1. Oversee the Policy, Planning, Research and Monitoring and Evaluation Divisions and sub-units of DPCB, and report Systems Integration work to the Director IV of the Disease Prevention and Control Bureau.
2. Sign all policy, administrative and financial documents related to COVID-19 and directly report to the Public Health Services Team (PHST) Undersecretary for COVID-19 related concerns.
B. PRIMARY AND SPECIALTY CARE DIVISIONS
The Director Ill for Technical Integration shall have the following duties:
1. Operationalize the integrated primary care for the following flagship programs: Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health, and Nutrition (RMNCHN), Oral Health, National Immunization Program and the National Tuberculosis Program and National AIDS, STI Prevention and Control Program.
2. Lead the following Divisions in line with the primary care integration:
The National Immunization Program (NIP), Oral Health, Infectious Diseases and Family Health Division and report directly to the Director IV of the Disease Prevention and Control Bureau. The rest of the Divisions under the Primary and Specialty Care shall be directly under the Director IV.
A. SYSTEM INTEGRATION DIVISIONS
1.1 Policy Division
a. Develop the disease prevention and control policies and strategic frameworks integrating all components of the health system coverage, health service delivery, health regulation, health financing, governance, and performance accountability
b. Develop and coordinate sectoral and internal systems and processes for health policy development for disease prevention and control
c. Manage the health policy development process including monitoring and review of policies for disease prevention and control
d. Provide technical assistance to DOH, national government agencies, implementing units, and partner institutions for policy development for disease prevention and control
e. Oversee legislative and organizational development of the Philippine Center for Disease Control
f. Lead development of the strategic plan and national allocation framework for transitioning financing of commodities, consistent with the Universal Health Care Act and the Mandanas Law
g. Standardize, prioritize, and endorse DPCB proposals for National Practice Guideline Development, Health Technology and Assessment, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation benefit package development, and other sectoral policy work
h. Prepare and finalize COVID-19 related policies including strategies for mitigation and response using the Prevent-Detect-Isolate-Treat-Reintegrate framework, safe reopening of the economy, clinical management, and COVID-19 vaccination except for COVID-19 waste management and engineering controls to be developed by the Environmental Health and Safe Setting Division
2.1 Research and Evaluation Division
a. Formulate and manage implementation of the DPCB research agenda
b. Develop and coordinate sectoral and internal systems and processes for health research development for disease prevention and control
c. Manage health research and evidence development processes for DPCB including review of research proposals, implementation and monitoring of research, and dissemination of research results
d. Provide technical assistance to DOH, national government agencies, implementing units, and partner institutions for disease prevention and control research and evaluation
e. Facilitate, prioritize, endorse, and develop knowledge translation materials for priority topics for National Practice Guideline development
f. Conduct rapid evidence reviews for priority topics
g. Lead development of research, evaluation, and knowledge translation outputs for COVID-19
3.1 Planning and Implementation Support Division
a. Formulate operational plans, goals, objectives and targets, including investment and budget plan for disease prevention and control
b. Manage health planning processes including integrated review of disease prevention and control programs, projects and expenditures
c. Provide technical assistance to DOH, national government agencies, implementing units, and partner institutions for related to planning, program, and project development in relation to disease prevention and control
d. Coordinate with partner agencies and organizations on matters for mobilization of resources to assist collaboration and implementation support related to disease prevention and control
e. Coordinate with disease prevention and control program managers in DOH Centers for Health Development and provide necessary capacity building and
f. Develop strategies to provide implementation support for the COVID-19 vaccine deployment program
g. Monitor internal processes of the bureau through performance commitment review and ISO procedures
h. Lead the development of the operational plan for transitioning financing and logistics management of commodities, consistent with the Universal Health Care Act and the Mandanas Law
3.1.1 Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics Tracking Sub-unit, Under The Planning
a. Develop the integrated annual procurement program for DPCB in line with the National Allocation Framework
b. Develop standard processes, flows, and dashboard for monitoring procurement, logistic management, disbursement, and utilization of integrated DPCB procurement
c. Develop technical specifications and costs through market scanning activities for priority commodities to ensure feasibility of procurement
d. Provide technical assistance on procurement, finance, and logistics management for disease prevention and control
e. Facilitate resolution of Audit Observation Memorandum (AOM) of the DOH Warehouses
f. Ensure appropriate consolidation, review, and storage of all procurement and logistic documents
g. Coordinate with relevant offices, through DPCB regional coordinators, to ensure timely delivery of procured drugs and commodities
B. PRIMARY AND SPECIALTY CARE DIVISIONS
In line with the primary care integration work, the primary care and specialty care divisions shall:
1. Contribute to the development of the Manual of Operations for Primary Care Providers and Clinicians
2. Prepare and consolidate the primary care advocacy plan, and capacity - building plans.
3. Engage with intersectoral and inter-agency partners, represent the bureau in disease- specific Technical Working Groups and perform secretariat functions as applicable
4. Develop the health care provider educational curriculum in partnership with relevant DOH office (e.g. HHRDB)
5. Develop and update national policies, strategies and plans based on frameworks issued by the Systems Integration Group.
6. Accomplish proposals and consolidate complete documents and application packets for Philippine Health Insurance Corporation benefit packages, Philippine National Formulary, Price Negotiation, and Health Technology and Assessment consistent with templates developed by the Systems Integration Group.
7. Draft position papers and endorse legislative bills for disease-specific legislation necessary for disease prevention and control
8. Represent the bureau in all Technical Working Groups and perform Secretariat roles as
9. Engage with intersectoral and inter-agency partners
10. Represent the bureau in designated speaking engagements
11. Perform other functions identified by the Director III and Director IV
12. The Environmental Health and Safety Settings Division shall continue to provide technical
assistance to the Systems Integration Group for the development and updating of the
COVID-19 policies related to healthcare waste management and engineering
controls for IPC.
September 17, 2021