No Filipino newborn shall be deprived of a functional sense of hearing.
1. To have all newborns undergo hearing screening prior to hospital discharge or within three months of born outside the hospital;
2. To provide an accessible, effective and efficient system of services
3. To implement time-bound intervention: hearing screening within the first month, hearing evaluation within the third month and early intervention by the sixth month
4. To provide the necessary services for hearing habilitation/ rehabilitation
5. To monitor the incidence and prevalence of hearing loss in the Philippines
6. To promote awareness and information campaign to the public about hearing loss