The CAA provides that the State shall:
- Protect and advance the right of the people to a balanced and healthful ecology in accord with the rhythm and harmony of nature;
- Promote and protect the global environment while recognizing the primary responsibility of local government units to deal with environmental problems;
- Recognize that the responsibility of cleaning the habitat and environment is primarily area-based;
- Recognize that "polluters must pay";
- Recognize that a clean and healthy environment is for the good of all and should therefore be the concern of all.
Department of Environment and Natural Resources. (2003, August). Primer on the Clean Air Act. Diliman: DENR-Public Affairs Office.