UPDATES ON NOVEL CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)


Information may change at any time due to the evolving situation.

Updates on COVID-19 Vaccines

COVID-19 Case Tracker [ View in full-screen ]

Latest Updates

E.g., 2022/08
Date Time Update
May 08, 2020 5:00 PM

DOH issues Press Release: Biggest mega swabbing center in MOA Arena, to open on Monday
Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque III, with National Action Plan Against COVID-19 Deputy Chief Implementer Secretary Vivencio Dizon and Philippine Red Cross Chairperson Senator Richard Gordon, inspected today the designated southern sector swabbing center in the SM Mall of Asia Arena, the biggest among the centers previously inspected. Said mega swabbing center has 72 testing booths that will be manned by a pool of health personnel hired by the Department of Health and the Philippine National Police medical staff. It is expected to add up to 1,500 tests in our country’s daily testing capacity. “Having swabbing sites this big is really important in our fight against COVID-19. With its 1,000-1,500 daily testing capacity, we are assured that we have enough facility to test our returning Overseas Filipinos, and later on, those in their respective communities as we help their local government,” Sec. Duque said...

May 08, 2020 5:00 PM

DOH issues Press Release: ECQ buys PH time; continued practice of healthy behavior needed to sustain gains
The Philippines’ positivity rate, a measurement of how many people test positive for COVID-19 for tests conducted, is now at 10%, which meets the benchmark set by the World Health Organization (WHO). In today’s media forum, Health Undersecretary Dr. Maria Rosario Singh-Vergeire discussed the welcome news with Dr. Edsel Salvana and Dr. Anna Ong-Lim, both members of the Technical Advisory Group that advises the Department of Health (DOH) and the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF). Considering that the country has been ramping up its testing capacity, and that the strategy for testing targets high-risk individuals, the low positivity rate has strengthened the DOH’s confidence that the overall strategy to beat COVID-19 has had a profound effect on preventing the infection spread.

May 07, 2020 5:00 PM

DOH issues Press Release: PH gov’t receives 7 metric tons of PPES and medical supplies from UAE
Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque III together with National Plan Against COVID-19 Chief Implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez, Jr. and Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr., formally received a total of seven (7) metric tons of personal protective equipment (PPEs) and other medical supplies from the Government of the United Arab Emirates today...

May 07, 2020 5:00 PM

DOH issues Press Release: Duque thanks Navy frontliners for PPE mission in China
Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque III expressed his gratitude to the Philippine Navy frontliners who sailed to Xiamen, China to pick up a shipment of 23,385 boxes of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) ordered by the Philippine government for its health frontliners. “Commander Rogelio Lachica and the brave sailors of the BRP Bacolod City, Philippine Navy deserve praise and gratitude for undertaking this mission during difficult times. Those PPEs are essential to protecting our heroic health frontliners from COVID-19,” Duque said...

May 06, 2020 5:00 PM

DOH issues Press Release: Beyond numbers: What the flattening curve really means; protecting children in the time of COVID-19
The Philippines is beginning to flatten the curve. This was reiterated in the May 6 Beat COVID-19 Virtual Presser with Health Undersecretary Dr. Maria Rosario Singh-Vergeire and Dr. John Wong, an epidemiologist with the Inter-Agency Task Force’s (IATF) sub-technical working group on data analytics. “Lahat po ng ating mga sakripisyo nitong nakaraang linggo ay hindi napunta sa wala. Nakikitaan na po natin ng mga senyales na napa-flatten na natin ang curve. Ibig pong sabihin, dahil sa ating pagtutulungan at pakikiisa sa mga inisyatiba ng gobyerno, nasimulan na nating pabagalin ang pagdami ng mga kumpirmadong kaso ng COVID-19 upang hindi ma-overwhelm ang ating mga ospital at health system,” explained USec. Singh-Vergeire...

May 06, 2020 5:00 PM

DOH issues Press Release: 2nd mega swabbing center set to operate; DOH to provide 400 health personnel
Following the inspection of the first mega swabbing center in Roxas Boulevard yesterday, the Department of Health (DOH), together with National Action Plan Against COVID-19 Chief Implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez, Jr. and Deputy Chief Implementer Secretary Vivencio Dizon, National Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Taguig City Mayor Lino Cayetano, inspected the designated eastern sector swabbing center inside Enderun Colleges in Taguig City today. “We are still putting together the manpower who will operate these swabbing booths, but the DOH has agreed to supply these mega swabbing centers with 400 human resources for health,” said Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque III signifying his commitment to support the operation of the four swabbing centers in Manila and Bulacan.

Pages